Cannes totally reborn, on display in Barcelona
Building on the new dynamic of Cannes as a destination gaining an increasing market share, Cannes Town Hall and its Palais des Festivals et des Congrès are launching a promotional campaign for international business tourism clients. From 25 January to 2 February 2020, they are running a poster campaign in the airport, metro and on buses in Barcelona, a major European "MICE1" destination. Using six striking, offbeat visuals, Cannes presents six strong assets intended for decision-makers and visitors to conventions and conferences in the Catalan city. Dynamic and colourful, this poster campaign reflects Cannes’ commercial strategy to further promote and affirm its leading position in hosting exceptional professional events.
«Cannes, a real economic driver of business tourism on the Côte d'Azur, has unique expertise in organising business gatherings and hosts some of the world’s most famous events. Every year, the destination increases its market share, strengthens its relationships with historical and international leaders, offers new experiences and infrastructure, becoming, with its convention centre, a benchmark in terms of respect for the environment and safety. With this campaign, which aims to shake things up and throw down the challenge, our city is setting out to conquer new markets, and aims to host events that are still growing for increased economic and social benefits, helping create jobs and support local SMEs. » David Lisnard, Mayor of Cannes
Du FROM 25 JANUARY TO 2 FEBRUARY, CANNES IS ASSERTING ITSELF AS "100% EVENTS, 200% REBORN"
L’objeThe aim is to appeal to decision-makers and encourage them to organise their event in Cannes. With six offbeat visuals, the message is clear: to announce the major changes impacting Cannes as a destination. Its renaissance means it can now compete with the major international business tourism destinations. With major modern infrastructure and a wide range of state-of-the-art hotels that invest in the future, Cannes has all the advantages and friendliness of a "village". It brings together around the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès the town centre, beaches, restaurants, shops, modern car parks and public transport, ports and a historic heart within a protected, safe, quality environment. The poster campaign is visible in strategic points of the Catalan capital:
• At the international airport (6th largest in Europe): 36 digital panels, at departures, the entrance to the VIP lounge, Sky Center and España and 3 videowalls;
• In the metro: Plaza de España Line digital screens towards the "Fira" exhibition cenre;
• On the buses: 4 lines, or 8 city centre buses to the "Fira"
Communication is also available on all digital media: websites, social networks, newsletters, along with awarenessraising among Cannes, institutional and organising partners as intermediaries.
USING OFFBEAT HUMOUR TO PROMOTE CANNES’ RESURGENCE
Les coBright colours, a unique subject and a composition centred on 3 levels (hook + visual + sales pitch) ensure good readability. The humorous, offbeat tone used is chosen to attract attention and make sure the message sticks. Humour appeals to the intelligence of passers-by, encouraging buy-in.
By citing the destination’s assets magnified 200%, the campaign plays on exaggeration and selfmockery. But the signature “CANNES 100% EVENTS”, at the start of each advertisement, highlights the seriousness of the message. Cannes is a meeting place for decision-makers who know how to relax. Good legibility is essential in a dense urban advertising environment.
Cannes is highly visible, surprises, arouses empathy and makes international clients want to come and rediscover it.
CanneCannes offers six strong selling points for international clients:
- Cannes 200% Reborn, a city completely transformed district by district with aesthetic, modern, pleasant infrastructure. A hotel offer that’s been renewed over the last 10 years, making it the largest hotel renovation programme in Europe.
- Cannes 200% Green, a strong commitment, the only city in the Southern region to pilot “Responsible International Destinations”, with ISO 20121 certification.
- Cannes 200% Long Beach, renovation and extension of the Croisette’s beaches, the second phase of which will be delivered in March 2020. A major advantage for event organisers and their clients who use the beachfront establishments as reception and networking venues.
- Cannes 200% Safe, among the many public safety measures introduced by Cannes Town Hall to implement France’s first Communal Plan to prevent terrorist risks, the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès is the 1st French convention centre to be certified ISO 18788. As a strategic priority, linked in particular to the national and international context, safety and security today demonstrate the professionalism of the destination and differentiate it from the competition.
- Cannes 200% Chill, with the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès in the hyper-centre by the sea, every event becomes a true Festival. From the urban setting to the warm reception in restaurants and hotels, the whole city stands out and wears the colours of each event with pride..
- Cannes 200% Walkable, zero transfers, compared to the business centres of European cities where professional events take place on the outskirts, Cannes has the advantage of being a "global village" centred on its bay. Hotels, restaurants and seaside facilities are concentrated near the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès, a venue without equivalent, where everything is within walking distance.
- MICE: Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing, Exhibition.