The "Bal des Fous" returns to the Palais des Festivals’ Terrasse in Cannes
The real success of summer 2018, on 7 July the "Bal des Fous" is back on this vast scenic stage where everyone gets to party. Eight dates not to be missed for fun, sharing and dancing in colourful costumes. On Sundays, from 4 pm to 11 pm, this light-hearted party is an opportunity to enjoy the warm afternoon and summer evenings in an enchanting setting where joy and good humour are the order of the day!
What is the Bal des Fous?
Cannes City council, the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès and the "Bal des Fous" send out invites to the party to anyone who loves good humour in a colourful play area, a kindergarten suspended in time, for a really vibrant experience! In a magical setting overlooking La Croisette and the Cannes harbour, the Palais des Festivals “Terrasse” anything is possible. The Bal des Fous combines a lounge space and house music, mixing pop, rock, disco, and electro sounds.
Eight dates, eight different planets for exuberant weekends
The Bal des Fous livens up hot summer afternoons and evenings. No chance of missing it with eight dates in July (07/14/21/28), August (04/18/25) and September (01). An event for all those who are still children at heart, have a touch of madness and an uncontrollable desire to just have fun to the beat of the resident and guest DJs. The Bal DJ team of Guillaume Gioé, Sacha Muki, Mika Lopes and Nicolas Masseyeff are waiting for you!
07 July- Monstres et Merveilles (monsters and marvels)
14 July - Les Fous du Roi (all the King’s men)
21 July - Le Disco Bal (disco ball)
28 July - Le Bal des Sioux (Sioux ball)
04 August - Le Marvel Bal (Marvel ball)
18 August - Le Love Bal (love ball)
25 August - Le Bal du Cosmos (cosmos ball)
1 September - Le Bal Rock (rock ball)
A popular festival for everyone (over 18s)
Admission is free, provided you are dressed in your best costume and really want to party. The principle of this ball is to gather a community together without any divisions or preconceived ideas. It aims to let everyone express their dreams, be self-deprecating and simply let themselves go.
A costume ball with vivid themes
One theme will be honoured each evening giving everyone the opportunity to adorn themselves in their most unusual disguises and let their imagination run wild to fly the Bal des Fous flag. An invitation for anyone that loves fancy dress and any other crazy outfits.
This popular festive success requires a few minor rules for everyone’s benefit.
Conditions of admission
- Over 18s only. No minors even if accompanied.
- Proof of identity is required at the entrance (scanned documents on phones are not accepted).
- Access is limited and closes when the maximum capacity is reached (3,000 people maximum); it is therefore advisable to come at the opening time of 4 pm.
- Priority is given to people in fancy dress, up to the limit of the places available.
- Anyone who is intoxicated will be denied access. As a reminder, the consumption of alcohol on public roads, in public gardens and around the Palais des Festivals, is prohibited. Controls will be strengthened and those in breach will be fined.
- The organization reserves the right to refuse entry.
- Security system: metal detectors and patting down.
- Real-time information on conditions of access on the official Facebook page:
Rules of conduct
- The abuse of alcohol and tobacco is bad for your health. Breath tests are available at the exit. The person driving is the person who doesn’t drink.
- To facilitate access to the site, public transport and carpooling are recommended. The SNCF train station is 5 minutes’ walk from the Palais des Festivals.
- Public spaces must be kept clean: do not throw bottles, cans or butts on the ground as they could end up in the sea.
- The ball is above all a party for everyone, respecting everyone. Vigilance is a must for both yourself and for others. At each ball, security guards are available to help supervise the party. Report anything that may seem suspicious or disturbing.
- The use or possession of narcotics is strictly prohibited.
- A left luggage service is available at the bottom of the steps for skates, scooters, helmets... Any objects that could cause injury or be used as a projectile are forbidden and must be left at the left luggage.
- Finger food available at all times (hamburgers, tacos, burritos, sweet and savoury waffles, ice cream, etc.) on the Palais des Festivals’ Terrasse, thanks to the presence of food trucks BIG FERNAND, TACOS & CO, LA COCOTTE CARAVANE, LOS PISTOLEROS, REVOLUTION FOOD TRUCKS.
- Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/baldesfous/ (find the best photos and videos)
- Official hashtags: #LeBaldesFous #Cannes
- Information: 04 92 99 84 22
- Bookings for standard and VIP tables: Géraldine Hunter 06 11 91 69 99 - email@example.com
- Table bookings (contact dedicated to hotel & luxury hotel bookings): Yoann Bizjak 06 98 82 14 09 – Yoann.firstname.lastname@example.org
#MAIRIE DE CANNES / BAL DES FOUS EVENT – A PALAIS DES FESTIVALS ET DES CONGRES PRODUCTION