The Cannes – Côte d’Azur France destination joins forces and launches CANNES HAPPY GOLF WEEK
With 320 days of sunshine a year, a central geographical location in the French Riviera, twelve 18-hole golf courses less than an hour away and an outstanding range of hotels, sport and recreational activities, Cannes, "the capital of outdoor sports", is a privileged golfing region! All the elements are combined to attract golf travellers. The Cannes destination, represented by SEMEC (tourism management association) and Syndicat des Hôteliers (union of hoteliers), is harnessing its efforts and joining "La Route des Golfs" and CRT Côte d’Azur France to offer city break offers at exceptional rates to this clientèle. The aim is to develop the destination's tourist attraction at the two extremities of the season among an elite golfing sector, based on the annual sale of the "Annual Côte d’Azur Golf Pass".
A destination brought together to develop the tourist attraction.
The SEMEC and Syndicat des Hôteliers have brought together Cannes hotel and tourist partners to offer exceptional rates to Côte d’Azur Golf Pass members over two weeks of 2020: from 20 to 27 March 2020 and from 23 to 30 October 2020. As part of this initiative, Cannes offers:
- A holiday market place, namely, packages involving special rates at hotel and golf course partners around Cannes;
- A dedicated website www.cannes-happygolfweek.com;
- A major digital communication programme supported by CRT Côte d’Azur France;
- 25 partner hotels: with unbeatable rates, €70 to 95 per room for 2 people in a 4-star hotel and €140 to 190 in a 5-star hotel;
- 11 partner golf courses: with up to – 40 % green fee discounts.
Cannes, a privileged golfing region for an elite clientèle
The golfing clientèle is already very well established in the Côte d’Azur. The French Côte d’Azur region, from Menton to Hyères, offers 22 outstanding golf courses open all year round with over 18,000 members and 400,000 visitors a year. Golf is practised throughout the year, thanks to the 320 days of sunshine.
Cannes, a leading city for the promotion of golf in the Côte d’Azur, hosted the prestigious IGTM (International Golf Travel Market) show organised by REED EXHIBITION. Over 1200 golf tourism professionals, including agencies and tour operators specialised in the industry, as well as international exhibitors, gathered in Cannes to prepare the Ryder Cup.
* Tourist trip involving a short stay (less than four nights away) in an urban area (often by other urban dwellers), usually over a weekend.
Download the press release in PDF