With over 1,200 (*) new games published every year, France can congratulate itself on having become the spearhead of the gaming world.
A true cultural product, there’s a game for everyone, for every moment and every practice: simple, fast-paced atmospheric games or more complex games designed for a discerning public, strategy games, communication games, investigation games, simulation games… The Festival is a reflection of this richness, which it showcases on over 45,000 m² in the heart and outside of the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de Cannes.
Becoming the benchmark for the gaming market, the Festival welcomes industry professionals in optimal conditions:
- 4 days of trade show for professionals and media (February 22-25, 2024). They will benefit from the BtoB experience within the 30 professional areas.
- A lounge area offered by the Festival to host professional meetings as well as a showroom dedicated to the presentation of new products and previews.
- A fast pass allowing access to the show 1 hour before the general public.
With a view to further development and support, the Protolab is bowing out to make way for an Author Master Class, an opportunity for authors to meet leading professionals from the world of games. This 2024 edition features an additional half-day specifically for authors. An afternoon master class consisting of a plenary session and a workshop dealing with the profession of board game author.
The Nuits du OFF, which captivate enthusiasts over four nights (February 21-24), see their formula evolve to create an additional space conducive to informal encounters between authors, professionals and passionate visitors. These nights offer a unique opportunity for creators to promote their creations in optimal testing conditions.
Conferences led by experts will address the major themes of current gaming events.
On the program:
– Thursday, February 22 at 5:00 pm at Audi K: FABRIKART / Impact of gaming on the environment and ecology (reserved for professionals)
– Friday, February 23 at 11:00 am at Hi5 Studio: Inclusivity in gaming
– Friday, February 23 at 2:30pm at Hi5 Studio: Asmodee Research
– Friday, February 23 at 5:00pm at Hi5 Studio: Dixit
– Saturday, February 24 at 11am at Audi A: Serious Games (Evolud and GRRR partners)
– Saturday February 24 at 11am at Audi A at 1:30pm at Audi A: Recognition of the cultural product
– Saturday February 24 at 11am at Audi A at 3:30pm at Audi A: Beyond entertainment
– Saturday February 24 at 11am at Audi A at 5:30pm at Audi A: The AI
(*) 1 200 new games published also including reissues and expansions.