Notice of preliminary selection procedure
Article L.2122-1-1 du Code général de la propriété des personnes publiques
Organisme émetteur de l’avis de publicité : Société d’Economie Mixte pour les Evénements Cannois (S.E.M.E.C.) – La Croisette – CS 30051 – 06414 Cannes Cedex – France – Tél. 04.93.39.01.01 – Fax : 04.93.99.37.34 – Internet address : www.palaisdesfestivals.com
Type of procedure : Pre-selection procedure organized in accordance with the provisions of article L.2122-1-1 of the Code général de la propriété des personnes publiques to enable potential candidates to express their interest in temporary occupation of the public domain with a view to economic exploitation
Object : The S.E.M.E.C., which manages and operates le Palais des Festivals et Congrès de Cannes under a public service delegation contract with the City of Cannes, is tasked with promoting the destination, hosting economic and political events to generate economic spin-offs for the City, and enlivening the destination with festive and artistic programming.
Faced with the growing development of the gaming industry, and given the political will of the City of Cannes to strengthen its attractiveness and competitiveness by hosting new innovative events in a relaunching and highly competitive context, the City of Cannes and the SEMEC wish to host an event dedicated to gaming.
In accordance with the Code Général de la Propriété des Personnes Publiques, it is hereby brought to the attention of third parties that SEMEC wishes to make available le Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de la ville de Cannes and the terrasse of the Espace Riviera du Palais, part of the public domain of the City of Cannes, which it manages as part of its public service delegation (DSP), to host an event dedicated to gaming.
This type of event meets the need to satisfy both a professional clientele and the general public.
Duration of the agreement
The agreement is for a period of 5 years. The event, organized annually, will take place over 3 days during the 4th quarter.
- Article L2122-1-1 of the French General Code of Public Property requires that any economic exploitation of the public domain must be subject to a “prior selection procedure offering every guarantee of impartiality and transparency, and including advertising measures enabling potential candidates to express themselves”. It is recalled that this article codifies Ordinance n°2017-562 of April 19, 2017 relating to the ownershiṕ of public persons.
- SEMEC’s General Terms and Conditions of Sale;
- SEMEC’s Securitý Specifications.
The authorization to occupy the public domain will be formalized by a space rental contract (valid as a temporary occupation authorization) concluded for a period of 5 years. The occupation of the public domain dependency, on the aforementioned dates, will give rise to the payment of a fee in accordance with the provisions of article L. 2125-1 of the Code Général de la Propriété des personnes publiques.
The commercial lease regime is excluded.
Description of the location
To host this event, SEMEC wishes to make the following spaces available:
- Le Palais des Festivals et des Congrès building and the Parvis located in front of the steps;
- The terrasse located on the 2nd floor on the Riviera roof of le Palais des Festivals de Cannes, a space under the maritime public domain. This 1500 m² terrasse enjoys a superb view over the bay of Cannes and la Croisette.
Rent payable by the occupier
In return for occupying a public domain dependency, the occupier undertakes to pay a fee. The amount of this fee will be determined according to the space made available, by applying the current fee schedule. For example, the occupancy fee rate for the exhibition area at le Palais des Festivals is set by SEMEC at €5.30/m2 per day
Space rental rates are based on the SEMEC Catalogue rates, subject to discounts that may be approved by the City of Cannes in the event of specific investments borne by the operator.
Mandatory services are invoiced by SEMEC in accordance with the provisions of the public service delegation and SEMEC’s General Terms and Conditions.
Selection procedure and criteria
SEMEC checks the applicant’s suitability to organize the event against the following documents, which are required to be produced:
- Presentation of the candidate and its structure (legal form, company name and contact details, names of manager(s), legal representative(s), person(s) with authoritý to bind the candidate);
- A Kbis extract less than 3 months old;
- A presentation of activities already carried out;
- A description of financial capacitý: indication of overall sales and sales concerning activities related to the sector in question, over the last three years;
- Copy of the judgement(s) pronounced, if the candidate is in receivership
- Subscription of a valid insurance policy
For the presentation of the offer, the following documents are required:
- A presentation of the proposed facilities (layout plan of the space, description of the planned equipment);
- Presentation of the planned activities (planned operating methods, planned program, schedules, planned staff, .Any other document that the applicant deems useful for a proper understanding of the application and to put the operating conditions into perspective.
It should be noted that incomplete applications will not be examined by the SEMEC. The SEMEC reserves the right to reject at any time the files of candidates whose financial, economic and professional capacities appear to be insufficient to execute the public domain occupation agreement.
Bids will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Quality: overall presentation, integration into the site, quality of potential speakers and exhibitors (25%) ;
- Originality: relevance and appropriateness of the project to the ambitions of the City of Cannes (25%) ;
- Experience and professional references of the candidate in relation to the planned event (25%) ;
- Ability to attract international clientele (25%).